I can't Believe Ellis is one on April 23! It was quite a year! From her birth to now, it has been a wild first year! I had so much fun crafting this little party together. I am positive my friends were getting tired of me sending them pictures of everything, but I am thankful they held my hand through it!
Now that you've made it through all the pretty pictures, thanks to Taylor Robbins, I can give all the fun details of the party:
- Theme: Wild One (Aztec, Teepees, Arrows, Feathers, Coral, Mint, Grey, Gold, Black)
- Smash Cake & Topper - Friend made it for me. The little topper has a sweet meaning! I saved that from my Baby Shower cake in her room all year just for this party! My sweet friends spent some time cutting out those letters. So happy I got to bring it out once more!
- Cupcake Toppers - Crafted by Mom (Ashley) thanks to using a borrowed Silhouette Cameo. I am ready to purchase my own now. I am obsessed with it!
- Food - Costco for the win! One thing that I was really proud of myself for was having a healthy spread of food for out guests! Most of our friends feed their kiddos healthy foods, so other than the standard treats, I wanted to make sure lunch was full of healthy options! We opted for grilled chicken strips, the Sweet Kale Salad, Green Salad, Fruit, Cheese cubes, pita chips, naan, hummus, carrot sticks (and ranch), and apple sauce pouches. We had hardly any kale salad left over!!
- Crafts - One thing I really wanted to be sure to have was something for the older kiddos! So I decided to create a yarn crafting station. I left no directions. Just sticks, pre-cut yarn, popsicle sticks, and showed the girls how to start a God's eye. We had quite a few kiddos ranging from 0-12, so the older girls eyes got wide when I showed them the craft station.
- Activities - One word BUBBLES. The bubble machine was a huge hit (and disaster waiting to happen with cement floors--oh well. no one died). I also had tattoos available for the kiddos to put on. Thanks to one of my friend's, there was an adult there to help. Love when other step up and love on kids at parties!
- Decor - I crafted almost all of it! I did get a little (LOT) of help sewing the triangle garland (which got tangled RIGHT as the party was starting...oh well).
- Ellis' Outfit - Shirt, Leggings (found at nordstrom rack accidentally), Gold Glitter Bib
- Venue - Firefly Studio (Ecclesia Church), Houston Tx